As Black Friday spreads well beyond its origins as a US-only shopping holiday, what do Kiwis think of it?
Deal aggregator Picodi.com and Black-Friday.Global surveyed some 12,000 consumers from 55 countries around the world to find out what attitudes are to Black Friday.
In terms of New Zealand, here’s what they found out:
- 60% of Kiwis are familiar with Black Friday (lower than the 77% global average)
- The average Kiwi is willing to spend $205 during Black Friday
- 58.8% of Kiwis will shop both online and offline (higher than the 49% global average)
- New Zealand has 11%+ more bargain hunters who'll participate in Black Friday than the global average
- The average discount in New Zealand online stores reached 59% last year (the world’s average is 55%)
You can find more data on Black Friday around the world here: https://black-friday.global/